Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default AC - DC adapter

In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:

This was a standard test during the experimental stereo
broadcasts of the 1950s on Saturday mornings that used BBC
TV sound for one channel and the Third Programme for the
other.

And not a brilliant one given most used entirely different amps and
speakers for each channel. ;-)

Ping pong sort of worked, though.

Despite only aving an AM radio for the Third Programme feed,
my memories of these tests was very impressive.

TV sound being of course AM too in those days. In Aberdeen (where I played
with these tests) the landlines to the transmitters determined the upper
frequency cutoff - rather than the TX medium. Was quite a revelation on FM
when they did a local opt out with only a few miles of cable rather than
hundreds. ;-)

--
*Beware - animal lover - brakes for pussy*

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.