Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default OT Debit card Q

On 18/12/2017 09:26, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bob Minchin laid this down on his screen :
Will UK banks issue second debit cards on a normal bank account to a
named individual without them having to be a joint account holder?

I asked the question of Nat West and their reply was no. You can fiddle
a second card, by pretending the first has become damaged.

Ouch, I don't like the sounds of 'fiddle'!

That aside, don't they cancel the 'original' card? I always assumed they
did.

The OP didn't mention which bank it was. If it is one which offers
'tiered' (my word) services depending on income/savings etc, you get the
basic card plus the 'enhanced' one if you qualify. The enhanced one
allows things like higher daily cash withdrawals, free services, etc. At
least one high st bank offers this free.

Of course, there is the question of the other person using the other
card. If the account terms say you can't 'loan out' the card, there is a
problem.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud