Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Strangways@gmail.com is offline

Default Hot water knob on the bathroom faucet is wonky

hi
The hot water knob on my bathroom sink is not working correctly, something seems to have slipped out of alignment. If I move the hot water knob to the off position, the water runs, if I move it half way into the ON position, the water runs, if I move it all the way ON, the water stops.
I opened up the knobs and removed the plastic pieces. See the pic.
The picture shows the position where the water should be turned off (the flat side of the metal spindle is facing out)
Yet the the hot water is running. I can't visibly see where the problem is. Where do I make the adjustment?
Thanks

http://tinypic.com/r/vh87et/9