Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Debit card Q

"Peter Johnson" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 10:10:10 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bob Minchin expressed precisely :
OK thanks, but that does not the other name on the card or give the
option of
a different PIN for the extra card.

..and it will carry the same card number.

It's handy sometimes as I can buy things like rail tickets with 'my'
credit card and my wife can use 'her' credit card in the ticket
machine to get the tickets.

That's not as clever as it seems. I don't know the
purpose of the card check on ticket machines

They check that the name on the ticket matches the name on the card.

but they certainly don't check the account number.
I regularly buy using a credit card and collect using
a debit card (accounts with different banks).

Why ?