Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'UFO' LED lamps

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 17/12/2017 00:12, Roger Hayter wrote:

Well strangely enough some of us just have a different opinion from
you. Hard to accept, I know. I have never found a (commercially
available, domestic) light too bright for me. Really.

Does not have to be about "too bright" though does it... just a
reflection of the fact that some spaces are multiple use and different
lighting suits different uses. For example, the lighting in my office is
dimmable. Most of the time when working "full on" is just right.
However if I am watching a film / youtube at the computer then less
bightness can be preferable. A dimmer achieves that at pretty much zero
extra effort.

Quite. Even more so in a multi-purpose room like most living rooms.

It's one thing I've not come to terms with. I like the way tungsten go
nice and 'warm' when dimmed. LEDs stay about the same colour temperature.
Perhaps I'll get used to it. Oddly, it never bothered with the dimming
florries in the kitchen.

--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.