Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default OT Debit card Q

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 09:26:15 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

Will UK banks issue second debit cards on a normal bank account to a
named individual without them having to be a joint account holder?

IME as PoA for a number of accounts, no. Although named as PoA on the
accounts I have been unable to obtain a debit card and all the
suggestions have been that I should use the account holder's card.

Not always easy when the account holder is female and I'm a man , or so
you'd think, but never once has my use of the cards been queried when
making purchases.

People never look at the name on the cards these days they just expect
the machines to tell them if there is a problem.