David W.E. Roberts

Default Overflow on new bath leaking

"BigWallop" wrote in message

snip
Then again....
...it now leaks from full to 60% full then stops as the bath empties
further - so a water pressure thing.
Heigh ho for the silicone sealant!

Are you sure you're pushing the corrugated pipe far enough into the spigot
ports at each end ? Or am I confused as to which bits are leaking ? :-))

Silicone sealant needs a certain time to skin over and create a good seal,
so are you leaving enough time between pressing the fittings into place

and
actually running water over them ?

snip

The corrugated pipes have smooth ends and fit outside the pipe out of the
back of the overflow fitting and the pipe out of the collar on the waste.

They are pushed on as far as they will go.

I was delaying trying the silicone sealant because of the time you have to
wait until it works (or not).

Have had a contemplate and I will seal it up then leave it overnight.

I would have preferred a flexible end which would stretch over the spigot,
or a tapered end which would push inside the spigot.
All I have is thin plastic which pushes over a ridge on the outside of the
spigot but does not seal against the pressure of a full bath.

Not a problem usually as we take showers, and this bath is a budget shower
tray, but I don't want to leave problems for visiting bath freaks or future
owners.

In the bodge world the leakage would not be significant, and would dry
before the next bath (unless it got worse) but I know it is there so I have
to fix it :-)

Cheers
Dave R