Gary Slusser

Default WATER SOFTNER DIAGNOSTIC - minor segue but not completely off topic

"Mike Hartigan" wrote
says...
If you have a mechanical timer, then you don't have a turbine. What

is
the unit doing or not doing?

I'm not detecting any change from when it was new. Call me a skeptic,

but 13 years seems
like a long time for a beast like this to function with virtually zero

maintenance. My
question is - is the mere presence of the 'slimy' feeling enough to

assure me that the unit
is, indeed, working? Perhaps not at peak efficiency, but at least

working?

As long as you have the feeling, the softener is working and not
allowing more than 1 gpg hardness to get through. I've seen many Fleck
control valves last service free for up to 20 years. Some backwashed or
regenerated every other night.

Gary
Quality Water Associates