Posted to alt.home.repair
Cynthia[_3_] Cynthia[_3_] is offline

Default Old Jenn Air Downdraft electric range Fan Question

replying to micky, Cynthia wrote:
Thank you Micky, I did goof by not replying to the Originator of the
thread, but she saw it and that was my intent. We got the house in "91 and
the big and tall owners, Mr. and Mrs. who built the house, themsleves, had 4
big boys 18, 16, 14, 12 who also worked on the construction. I imagine lots
of food was made on that range top.. The plug ins were not pristine, nor were
they abused looking. I rarely had more than four people to cook for.
My x was only 5 ft 6, me 5ft 4 and our little girls came along much later '94
& '01. So it was in the few and far between times that we had company, which
he seemed to hate having, so we didn't much. But his Snowbird parents come to
stay for Christmas every year for about 8 years. I thus only occasionally
bothered with the plug ins and it was very dissatisfying.
I would have to scramble to "fix" the dinner disaster, or put up with a smokey
spattered kitchen. The smoke alarms would not go off as it was a big open
space with lots of room for the dispersion of what-have -you, and I was quick
to remove the stuff when the fan would shut off. I found it easier to do the
pancakes on the electric grill and put them in the oven, with the either
earlier cooked bacon, or sausage, or I baked the sausages. Then I discovered
how easy and impressive it is to make crepes. Crepes are deemed more "fancy"
and were appreciated. They burn less, have higher protein, less fat and as
you make them one at a time, more social and thus became my Special Breakfast
of choice. That and eggs benedict, so no plug ins needed.

After each sad event, I would follow up with a post event test on my own
when no one was around, and came to realize the stupidity of bothering, until
I forgot and tried again, and again. Eventually they just got buried under
stuff, in the cupboard as my need for space grew and their use was less and
less. And jars of bread baking ingredients collected on the handy space the
plug ins were laying in.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...n-1153236-.htm