Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT BBC/ PMQs

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Richard wrote:
In article ,
soup wrote:
On 16/12/2017 17:30, Handsome Jack wrote:
but why
would unskilled English people not want to be porters or
administrative
staff?

Because they get as much (if not more) in dole and benefits?

Anecdote : -
I worked in a hotel for a while between having to pay full rent and
travel expenses etc I was actually worse of (pennies but still) than
if
I was getting full benefits, rent rebate etc for not working plus I'd
have 40 hours a week for side jobs or sitting on my arse . I am not
that type of person though and continued to work for less money than
if
I wasn't. Luckily this was only short term I would hate to have to
rely
on low wages/benefits full time.

Even more so if the job has anti-social hours.

Well, there's the rub. Why should the idle be able to enjoy the freedoms
of social hours?

There is the rub. EU immigrants seem to be happy to do those jobs.

Because they can't put their hand out for benefits that pay
more than when working, back where they are coming from.

Without them,

Yet another straw man.

do you intend forcing any UK unemployed to do them?

That’s what britain should be doing.

Of course a true Tory would think this approach will work.

It clearly does with those EUians.