Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Kerf Maker, Fast and easy to make

On 12/15/2017 1:30 PM, Leon wrote:
About 8~9 years ago Bridge City Tools came out with a fine little jig
that enabled you to cut perfect fitting dados with just about any width
blade or router bit.Â* That is as long as the blade or bit cuts narrower
than the width of the dado.

I bought that expensive little jig and have had great success when using
it.

Seems there is a shop made version now and probably the absolute
simplest that I have seen.

Take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNZWlLPw0HI

OK, Yet another and has to be the absolute simplest to make.

It's simply a "stick" and "a screw".

Brought to you by Brian who used to post here.

I will say that it may not work as well for large stock but maybe it will!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8LpgWEk-O0

BTW I am not sure why he made a cut out, it seems to serve no purpose.