Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_2_] Meanie[_2_] is offline

Default overhead l e d lites

On 12/16/2017 1:51 PM, wrote:
I replaced two flush mounted overhead fluorescent lites with overhead l e d lites.Now-they-are-much-too-bright.-Can-I-put-tape-on-some-of-the-led`s-and-make-them-not-quite-as-bright.Thanks-for-any-reply.---Herb

Did you replace with the same type of fixture? 4 Foot fluorescent with 4
foot LEDs or did you use another style fixture? Can the LEDs be replaced
with a different K value? If so, then that's what I suggest instead of
trying to cover or reduce the brightness with tape or another method of
obstruction.

Also noted, the suggestion of adding a dimmer switch if the LEDs are
dimmable.