Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW[_2_] ARW[_2_] is offline

Default Oven tripping RCD

On 17/12/2017 14:48, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

Screams to me knackered element.

I suppose an oven tripping normally would scream "element" to me,
especially using one that hasn't been used for some time.

But what tempts me to think otherwise is that with the control knob in
the "light" position it still trips; so it trips regardless of whether
no element, fan element, top element, bottom element, top and bottom
elements are selected ...

The stat has to be switching something.

Do they tend to have an actual stat, or a thermocouple that operates a
relay?Â* You can certainly hear something click at the set point.

Double pole switching? then I suppose a fault from the neutral "end" of
end element to earth would do it, even for an element that wasn't in use.

Sure that you are not turning on the grill:-)?

The oven will use a thermocouple IMHO

Ovens are complicated things and best left for women to use.

Although they are usually **** easy to fix.

Depending on your make and model it's often only about 10 minutes work
to gain access to the elements terminals and do a LE resistance test or
disconnect the elements one by one and see what happens.

--
Adam