Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default OT, strange bank options

Well, I'm also looking at the same car in Kansas with 5600 miles
on it. It has the EXACT SAME features as this untitled car I will
be test driving on Thursday; same engine, same size wheels, same
everything. The only difference is the color and it's listed for
$41,399; the one I will be gazing at has 11 miles on it and it's
listed for $53,800. No way, no how, will I pay $53,800.
There's two or three others on AutoTrader that have caught my eye
and I've looked at the Carfax report for all of them.

Look carefully at all the history of a used car - make sure that it
isn't an insurance write-off or previous daily rental.
Here in Canada, the unscrupulous dealers will hide the cars history
by border-crossing - out-of-province or out-of-country is a red
flag.
The discount off those new 50 grand vehicles will be much more than
my 20 grand econo hatchback. I've heard of 10 grand discounts on
fancy pick-up trucks - to clear out last model year for brand new
ones or demo units.
John T.