Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default What does anybody think of a Harbor Freight air compressor?

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 3:18:25 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I have used a a href="https://bestaircompressorstore.com/central-pneumatic-air-compressor-review/"central pneumatic 3-gallon air compressor/a for three years for my little car. It is best portable and small but energy efficient. But I need a big model from my current models such as 8 or 10 gallons. Which will be suitable for my little car?

Don't know about the 10 gallon compressor. I think HF has two 8 gallon models.

I've used the Model 69667 for a few years.... no problems with it. I just bought another for my Mother's home, so that I don't have to load/carry mine, there. Assembly is easy, 5 minutes. This model is on sale for $99 at my local HF.... might be on sale at your local store, also. I think a few years ago it cost $129.

It has to be plugged directly into the wall outlet, otherwise it won't run properly. If you want to use an extension cord, get one with 12 gauge or larger wire. 14 or 16 gauge wire is not sufficient. A 12 gauge wire cord needs to be 15' or less, in length, or the compressor won't work properly. I bought (Walmart - $25) an 8' 12 gauge wire surge protector power strip for Mom's compressor. Larger than 12 gauge wire will allow for using a longer than 15' cord, but I don't know a maximum length/range.

From what I've heard/learned, DIYers don't think/remember to drain the water from their tanks, hence, they end up having related issues with their "work".... or have some sort of moisture issues for particular uses. Remember to drain the tank, often. There's a drain valve on the bottom of the tank. And use a catch basin, when you drain it.

Sonny