Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default iPad 2

In article ,
RJH wrote:
Ah, OK - I'd underestimated a fair bit. Can they post to usenet -
uk.comp.sys.mac has some knowledgeable people.

I think she'd rather have it fixed for her, than ask on such a group.

I doubt very much that there's a hard disk inside that can be plugged
in and read without considerable work. And if they're expecting the
data in a usable form that can be used on, say, a Windows computer -
science fiction.

Never even thought it could all be used on a PC. But if the data was
copied raw, may be possible to read it with another Apple machine.

Maybe, but after all that kerfuffle over the FBI's recent attempt to
crack the contents of a suspect's iphone, I can't see it being easy. --
Cheers, Rob

But that was a working but locked phone. If I could get this thing to
power up by perhaps direct connection of an external PS to the PCB, it
might function as normal.

Just that most 'won't power up' type faults to tend to be associated with
the power management on the device. On many things, that is.

--
*Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.