Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 'UFO' LED lamps

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
PeterC wrote:

https://ledlam.co.uk/shop/ledlam-e27...?mc_cid=a6e356
50cf&mc_eid=6c6b87583e

I've not seen these before. At 20W, 1900 lm and 160 deg. angle they
could be good for, er, lighting a kitchen. Wouldn't fit in an R63
recessed holder but a simple E27 - E27 might fix that. Would tend to
collect muck on the top. Not being recessed should keep the temperature
down.

I'm waiting for the long-promised 200 lm/W lamps.

A new LED which can't be dimmed?

Having a perfectly good light and then dimming
it has always seemed pretty perverse to me.

More fool you. There are plenty of situations where you don’t always
want the same light levels, and plenty where the only bulb you can
buy that is suitable mechanically is only available in one wattage,
so you may well want less than the full brightness in some situations.

Completely stupid to have that quite bright one not dimmable.

There is a large market out there which isn't
the slightest bit interested in dimmability.

Sure, but with something as unusual and as expensive
as that one, it makes no sense to not have it dimmable
for those that need to be able to dim it.