Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_9_] soup[_9_] is offline

Default OT BBC/ PMQs

On 16/12/2017 17:30, Handsome Jack wrote:
but why
would unskilled English people not want to be porters or administrative
staff?

Because they get as much (if not more) in dole and benefits?

Anecdote : -
I worked in a hotel for a while between having to pay full rent and
travel expenses etc I was actually worse of (pennies but still) than if
I was getting full benefits, rent rebate etc for not working plus I'd
have 40 hours a week for side jobs or sitting on my arse . I am not
that type of person though and continued to work for less money than if
I wasn't. Luckily this was only short term I would hate to have to rely
on low wages/benefits full time.