Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_23_] Muggles[_23_] is offline

Default I've never been politically correct, so

On 12/16/2017 2:05 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/16/2017 09:35 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 12/15/2017 9:33 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/15/2017 10:57 AM, Muggles wrote:

Merry Christmas to everyone! I wish everyone a blessed, happy, and
healthy holiday.

And a happy Jul to you.

http://www.anindependentasatru.com/-blog/jul-yule1

I don't begrudge you for stealing the holiday; at least it kept a lot of
the traditions alive. Most Christians did phase out the naked fire
jumping part though...

You're such a history buff! Oh, wait, you probably don't do the naked
fire jumping, so maybe you're not a buff after all!

Nah, I skipped that part. I'd given up the mead of inspiration years
before.

Less good than belief would have it
Is mead for the sons of men:
A man knows less the more he drinks,
Becomes a befuddled fool.

Be not over wary, but wary enough,
First, of the foaming ale,
Second, of a woman wed to another,
Third, of the tricks of thieves.

The Havamal

http://www.asatru.org/havamal.html

Hubby used to make mead. His last batch is still waiting to be bottled
up. It's pretty good stuff, too.

--
Maggie