Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default Flexible hose connector but in 28mm?

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 11:57:21 PM UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
jkn wrote:

On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 10:33:05 PM UTC, jkn wrote:
On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 4:45:01 PM UTC, Tim+ wrote:
jkn wrote:
Hi All Anyone know if you can get flexible hoses like this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-...-x-300mm/2559g

but in 28mm style (compression fittings and corresponding hose
diameter)?

I have a job to replace our cold water tank in the loft and there is
an awkward connection; something like this but in 28mm would be a
big help. I haven't been able to find any in BES etc.

Thanks for any pointers

J^n

Surely better to alter the plumbing on the "house side" to make it an easy
connection?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Ideally yes, but that is also not easy... There are two pipes going into
a tee about a foot away from the tank, and the third leg of the tee goes
via a short length of 28mm (I think) with a single shallow bend, into
the tank.

It is all done at angles and having to raise the level of the new
(plastic) tank with a sheet of 18mm play will make it worse.

I might post a photo...

J^n

OK, here is a photo of the offending pipework:

http://images.jkn.webfactional.com/u...y/IMAG1396.jpg

I have removed the grey insulation so things can be seen clearer.

As you can see there is a single 28mm pipe from the tank, a little
naughtily then split into the Cold Water tap feed and the feed to the DHW.

Despite the bend in the pipe at (1), the pipe at (2) is actually not quite
level, which I don't like very much. It is also very low to the bottom of
the tank, less than the ?50--75mm? I have read should be the case.

Since I will be putting some 18mm ply under the new tank this will make
things even trickier. Hence I was thinking of replacing pipe (2) with a
hose...

Any other thoughts? The vertical pip is just the vent pipe and can be
ignored BTW.

Cheers J^n

Replace the tee with a 28/22/28 tee which should be easy if the nut
threads are the same (the olives will have to come off if not) and put a
slghtly bent bit of 22mm pipe in place of pipe 33. Obviously, slightly
bend a much longer piece and cut to length.

--

Roger Hayter

Yebbut ... that (bent pipe...) will make the join to the tank *lower* than
it is at the moment ... whereas I want it *higher* ...

J^n