Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Wood Models

On 12/15/2017 11:24 PM, OFWW wrote:
On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 11:56:57 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

My new daughter in law is a person that likes to take on projects. A
certain bathroom remodel done by her and my son came out pretty good
considering she is an RN and he is a CPA.

Anyway her Christmas's always had loads of electric trains and tracks
round the Christmas tree when she was growing up. The tradition
continues, her dad started it and does it every year. She has fond
memories of the trains around the tree every year. Unfortunately she
and my son will not be able to visit her parents this year so no train
around the tree.

Soooo I found this site and bought, through Amazon, a wooden model train
kit. The train is powered by rubber bands and runs on its own track.
I am giving this to her for Christmas.

All laser cut pieces with no need for glue.

If you have not seen this site, check it out. Really cool in an "old
school" kind of way.

https://ugearsmodels.com/

Great Stuff. I'm going to pass it on to my sons for them or their
kids.

Reminded me of my 027 scale electric train set and my erector set when I
was a kid..