Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower, how to fix?

On Saturday, 16 December 2017 03:10:51 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 15/12/2017 23:40, tabbypurr wrote:

This Aqualisa 200 I think it is, early 80s.
http://i64.tinypic.com/21bvj7k.jpg
I need to know how to open it so it can be worked on. Info appreciated!

Go pull your knob off! ;-)

This might help:

https://www.showerdoc.com/blog/the-s...lisa-cartridge

I finally managed to completely remove the knob! The spindle it was on was corroded, so it didn't come off easily.

The present cartridge has a black coloured front ring, and neither aqualisa nor showerdoc do a black ring one. So presumably it's a 3rd party one. Looks like the grey ring 88201 is the one to get, and they're cheapest on ebay.
https://www.showerdoc.com/shower-acc...idges/aqualisa

Thank you everyone!

NT