Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Furnace and thermostat

On 12/15/2017 9:45 PM, condo owner wrote:
I bought a Honeywell Model RTH7600 programmable thermostat.

On the thermostat, I've set the "Set to:" (i.e., "desired") temperature at 82 degrees.

When the furnace's blower comes on, the burners cycle on and off for less than a minute several times but the current room temperature doesn't go higher than 70 to 73 degrees. What might be the reason for this condition?

Note: The owner's manual says "This thermostat works on 24 volt or 750 mV systems. It will NOT work on 120/240 volt systems". Should I be using a NON-programmable thermostat?

You really need a good pro to help you. We've told you what to do a few
times. In particular I told you to get one of the round Honeywell or
similar thermostats. It could also be the furnace does not have the
power to raise the temperature as high as desired.