Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Hardwood floor problems

On 12/16/2017 8:55 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 07:01:40 -0600, Leon wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 12:40:15 -0800, Electric Comet
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 19:05:34 -0800 (PST)
"Gramps' shop" wrote:

salesman assured us it would stand up to our two dogs. It didn?t.
The scratches are awful.

get some leather and make booties for the dogs and put some vinyl
coating on for a good grip

Yeah, like that's going to work.

LOL, Actually we bought some booties for our elderly Great Dane when she
injured herself and had a hard time walking on tile floors. I was shocked
that she allowed us to put them on her and equally shocked that she wore
them. They worked well. The down side was that she got athletes foot on
all 4..

I've seen dogs wearing booties in -20F weather, too, but I've never
seen a self-respecting dog that would wear any such thing because
their owners wanted them to wear them just to keep their floors
pristine. Dogs only perspire through the feet (and tongue - the
reason they pant), so putting booties on them when it's warm is going
to get mightily soggy and uncomfortable (and likely the reason your
pooch got a foot fungus). The booties would be better on EC's hands.