Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default AC - DC adapter

On Saturday, 16 December 2017 10:09:31 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 15/12/2017 23:36, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 15 December 2017 22:10:36 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 15/12/2017 14:11, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 15 December 2017 09:06:06 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 14/12/2017 18:18, F wrote:

Anyone any thoughts on where I could get a replacement for
one of these: https://www.flickr.com/gp/161457453@N02/iv5D72

I've Googled but not found anything.

Christmas lights: 240v - 4v 1VA with a spade and pin plug.

I like the way it says its a "safety isolating transformer" and
then tells you pin 1 is connected to the coil end. This implies
an autotransformer with a single coil and that is *not* an
isolating transformer. When are you taking it apart to see
what's actually inside?

complete nonsense

So what do you think it means?

It doesn't say what it means. I don't have mind reading powers.
However the conclusion that it means the transformer is unisolated is
simply nonsense.

Just as well I didn't say it wasn't isolated then.

However your assumption that it is is based on what it says even though
it contradicts itself.

That makes your assumption nonsense not mine.

You make even less sense this time, if that's possible