Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Generic name for indexed "drive" system?

On 15/12/2017 23:37, Tim R wrote:
On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 6:20:47 AM UTC-5, Andy Burns wrote:
N_Cook wrote:

muchly prior to Google, there was a library there with a 2 volume
pair of large books, perhaps 500 pages each, probably printed about
1900 with each chapter devoted to one form of motion being converted
to or from another, the Manual of Mechanisms or something like that,
never seen them since.

I doubt these are they, but they sound interesting all the same ...

http://www.opensourcemachinetools.org/archive-manuals/Ingenious_Mechanisms_Vol.1_Jones_1930.pdf

http://www.opensourcemachinetools.org/archive-manuals/Ingenious_Mechanisms_Vol.2_Jones_1930.pdf

http://www.opensourcemachinetools.org/archive-manuals/Ingenious_Mechanisms_Vol.3_Jones_1930.pdf

http://www.opensourcemachinetools.org/archive-manuals/Ingenious_Mechanisms_Vol.4_Jones_1930.pdf

Thanks for finding that. I've been looking for them for years, none of the local libraries could find them.

The books I came across were more a mathematical rather than engineering
or applications treatment, and 2 volumes only, 1930 publication was not
impossible but I was left with an impression of being earlier.