Posted to alt.home.repair
Peabody[_4_] Peabody[_4_] is offline

Default Pfister kitchen faucet diverter

I have an old Price Pfister single-handle kitchen faucet. The original
diverter finally came apart and no longer diverted. So both the spigot and
the side spray flowed at the same time.

PF sent me a new diverter, but after installing it, I get low flow through
the spigot. I think the possibilities are that I installed the diverter
wrong, or it's defective, or it's the wrong one for my faucet, or this is
PF's way of enforcing water conservation.

But I want to make sure I understand how these things work. Here's a
pictu

https://s2.postimg.org/pj1ur3m21/Diverter.jpg

It has two O-rings, but it doesn't look like the diverter as a while moves.
The fins at the front appear to fit up against the inside of the spigot
collar, which should keep it fixed in place. It looks like pressure at the
back moves the center spindle forward, which lets water flow in through the
sides and out through the front. But there sure isn't much space at the
front for the water to flow through.

Anyway, is there a solution for this that would give me the diverter function
but still have enough water flow when the sprayer isn't being used. Would a
Moen or Delta diverter of this type possibly work?