Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT, strange bank options

On 12/15/2017 6:39 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 1:07:56 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Changing the subject a bit, Ed. I have an appointment next Thursday
to drive the car I'm interested in buying. Wish me luck! But if I
don't come home with a new car then it's just not meant for me have
one. I've been steeling myself to not be disappointed if we can't
come to a deal.

Put on your poker face and walk in with a clear idea of
how-much you will pay ; walk out with determination
when the sales-person starts to give you his song & dance.
Remember - if you are buying a new 2017 - you suffer an
extra year of depreciation as soon as you drive it off the lot.
Good luck.
John T.

Yes, it's an untitled 2017 model and it's been on their lot for several
months. They probably won't agree with me but my way of thinking is
sell it to me or let it go to an auction lot in another state. It's
been many, many years since I was car buying so I've been studying the
model I want, what to pay and add-ons and fees to refuse. There will
be some cash to put down, too.

It depreciating an extra year won't bother me as I plan on keeping it
for a long, long time. The present vehicle I'm driving I've owned for
20 years so depreciation is no concern to me.

This is supposed to be a good time to buy a car. I hope you do well
negotiating. Car buying is a PITA. I bought one in October and I'm
thinking it could be my last, at least next to last. I put on less
miles now.

Good chance they will try to sell you a bunch of extras after you reach
a deal. Simonize finishes, extended warranty are two big ones. If you
are interested in them, offer 50%. They are very profitable and very
negotiable.