Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT, strange bank options

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:57:49 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 12/15/2017 9:38 AM, micky wrote:

I was browsing around my credit card's website and these are two
categories of options for customer service:

Card Services
Debit Card Services

Activate My Debit Card
Deactivate My Debit Card
Reissue My Existing Debit Card or ATM Card
Change My Debit Card PIN

CREDIT CARD SERVICES

Report a Lost or Stolen Card
Replace a Damaged Card
Dispute or Ask About a charge
Request Account Disclosures

Isn't it strange none of the choices for debit cards are choices for
credit cards, and not vice versa either.

I would assume that all 8 apply to both (although I don't know what
account disclosures are. Is that the terms and conditions?)

I can do those debit card things using my phone app or on the web but it
is the bank web site, not the Master Card site that I do it.

I guess I was ambiguous, or - dash the thought - wrong. I was in the
credit card section of the bank's web site.

My debit
card is from a local bank, the CC are not so I can't do those at the
same place anyway.

Same for me. It's not that I want to do the other four things, or even
the four things I can do there. I just don't understand why 4 relate to
credit and 4 relate to debit, in their opinion. Will they let one
temporarity deactivate his debit card but not his credit card? I
thought people with credit got treated better than those other guys, so
they should have that ability too. Etc.