Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default AC - DC adapter

On Friday, 15 December 2017 16:07:48 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 02:53:18 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 15 December 2017 10:33:16 UTC, Martin Brown wrote:
On 15/12/2017 09:29, Brian Gaff wrote:

If its ac then why the polarised connections though?
Brian

It about the cheapest nastiest connector ever made.

They used to be used for speaker connections IIRC, and few have such
speakers now so they probbaly got a good deal on them from a suplier or
scrap merchant

I have seen a lot of wall warts with these connectors, and *none* have
been DIN speaker connectors

I've never seen any on 'wall warts' could you show an example of one ?

Most wall warts come with barrel or jack connectors with some you get a choice but I've yet to see the ones you say you have a wall wart for.

https://www.rapidonline.com/ideal-po...12v-2a-18-1666

(I have some of those, and I compared them).
They may look the same on a photo, but they are quite a bit bigger.

Which are bigger ?