Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default How to align adjust garage door

In article ,
wrote:
Hi All,

I have a double up and over garage door (Wessex I think) which has 2
springs 1 each side of the door and rollers at the top of the door which
run in channels as the door opens.

The door seems ok except it seems to have dropped a few mm such that is
just catches the floor when it closes.

Does anyone know how to adjust these? There are nuts on the spring hooks
which allow the tension to be adjusted but I can't see anything else that
would enable the door to be lifted.

Loking at my door which sounds very similar, the only height adjustment is
where the mechanism is fixed to the frame. Are there slots for the fixing
bolts? If so, has everything slipped?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England