Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replace boiler or repair - non-condensing

On Friday, 15 December 2017 10:52:43 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 15 December 2017 00:57:00 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

If an insurance company ever starts being sensible they'd capture
much of the market. It's normal for garages to charge much higher
prices to insurers. ISTR there was one that had its own car repair
centres.

Not so sure about that.

I am

Most main dealers don't do bodywork etc themselves on an insurance
claim. Their hourly rates are far too high. They farm the work out to
a dedicated bodyshop with an hourly rate the insurance companies will
pay.

and?

The notion that insurance companies pay more than others is an urban myth.

it isn't

Ask those in the trade who do such work.

I have, repeatedly. It's why one insurer set up their own repair places years ago. I forget who though.

NT