Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Loctite help

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 12:23:48 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:08:41 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 17:38:42 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 5:39:07 PM UTC-5, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Installing valve seals on 1991 Mazda B2600. Engind still in truck.
Valve guides are oddball size and the best I could find (Felpro) are seals that are 0.005" too large in diameter to go around the guides.

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

I am easily confused. I thought that all Mazda small trucks were rebadged Ford Rangers. And as such ought to have all parts readily available.

Dan

Early Mazdas were Mazdas, also sold s Ford Couriers.

Mazdas were superior trucks to the existing Ford products..so Ford
entered into a relationship where they rebadged Mazdas with Ford
emblems.

---

The courier was made BEFORE ford made their own small pickups - Ford
rebadged the Mazda as a courier. When ford designed the Ranger,
Mazda's volume went WAY down and it didn't make sense for Mazda to
continue building their own (inferior) small truck, so THEY rebadged
the Ford designed Ranger as their B Series.

The Ranger was a FAR superior truck compared to the Courier in SO many
ways.