Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Coon[_2_] Mike Coon[_2_] is offline

Default Generic name for indexed "drive" system?

In article , says...

Luckily ,muchly prior to Google, there was a library there with a 2
volume pair of large books, perhaps 500 pages each, probably printed
about 1900 with each chapter devoted to one form of motion being
converted to or from another, the Manual of Mechanisms or something like
that, never seen them since.

I inherited my Mother's "Blackie's Standard Dictionary" (slightly
foxed). I cannot find a date in it, but it says it has "war words and
words of recent introduction" (e.g. Anzac). I coveted it because it also
has several pages of "mechanical movements illustrated", including a
"Geneva stop" and a number of clock escapements.

Mike.