Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Windows Between Studs?

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 15:44:02 GMT, JL D
m wrote:

replying to Camilo, JL D wrote:
I have a similar issue. I cannot nor do I want to cut out studs to add a
window. So I plan to install 3 narrow windows beween joists for extra light in
my kitchen. An yes, any light is better than none. By adding decorative
moldings on the outside of the 3 windows, it can absolutely look like one big
window. (I did this once before amny years ago.) Adding 2 single pane windows
for insulation is the same idea of adding interior storms to windows in an
older house- a good solution if budget doesn't allow ordering special sizes.
GO for it and don't listen to naysayers.

It may look like the windows in a prison. If you start with a 14.5"
stud bay and add another 3" or so of bucking and frame, you end up
with 11.5" or less of glass.