EL

Default Help! Getting rid of basement bugs

When I worked for a large semiconductor house in Dallas we had a dirt
floor basement in one of the older buildings. I never saw anything that
moved down there. The list of organometalics that were dumped there in
years past was huge. It took care of the insect nd rodent problem.

There was a plan afoot to tear down this early building and rebuild. I
pointed out the problem, and that once they dug they'd need to determine
the contamination level. I suspect it would become their own Super Fund
Site, not a good thing. A couple of years ago they abandoned rebuilding
plans and moved in a bunch of functionaries to occupy the building.

No bugs or rodents though.

Boden

Tom wrote:

How can I keep bugs and toads from invading my basement? The basement
is an insect graveyard and a stomping ground for toads. There is
usually one or two toads feasting on the bugs and worse, the toads
leave droppings. Should I get the perimeter of the basement sprayed
for bugs or should I run the dehumidifier every 24 hours? The basement
walls and ceiling are finished but the floor is painted cement. I
don't think the basement is too damp, however, it is a basement and
sometimes it smells moldy. Even if it is too damp what can I do?