Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Roy Moore arrives on horseback to cast vote

On 12/13/2017 5:39 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/13/2017 3:25 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 1:48:56 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 12/13/2017 12:37 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/13/2017 11:04 AM, Frank wrote:

snip
s have made mistakes too.

Some of the pundits have given other reasons why they don't like Moore
but they were not about this.Â* Hopefully the tax bill will pass before
the new liberal takes office.

As a Democrat, there is little Trump has proposed that I agree with,
but
can go along with his views on the estate tax.

That said, a tax plan that increases the deficit is a very poor idea.

I always thought of Republicans as fiscally conservative.

Times sure have changed.

Even more troubling is the "Russia is our good buddy" syndrome.

As a Democrat, Kennedy wanted to lower taxes and actually get more money
from private sector increase in productivity.Â* Today he might be a
conservative.

The problem with the GOP today is that they think any tax cut,
anytime, is a good idea.Â* What was the tax rate when JFK cut them?
Probably 70 or 90 percent top rate.Â* When Reagan cut them, the top
rate was 70%.Â* When it s 39%, it's a different story.Â* Today's rates
are far closer to the rates *after* Reagan's cuts, than to those
before he cut them.Â* The Ladder Curve says there is an optimum tax
rate that maximizes revenue and if you deviate higher or lower, the
govt winds up with less revenue.

Today's conservatives want to shrink government and spend
less.Â* After all it is the people's money and not the government's
money.Â* Government expects the people to do with less but that is not in
their playbook.Â* I agree that a lot of Republicans are not fiscally
conservative and they are part of the swamp we want to drain.

What's Trump done so far?Â* Where are the cuts?

Bull**** that Trump thinks Russia is our good buddy.

No, that in fact has been his consistent and bizarre position from the
start of his campaign.Â* Instead of talking about Ukraine, Crimea,
MH17, and what a murderous dictator Putin is, he's spoken only
favorably of him.Â* One of the good reasons people want to know more
about Trump and Russia.

He realizes that
we have to live with them and seek common goals.Â* Now with defeat of
Isis with our help Russia is talking about leaving Syria.

I was a Democrat up until the time I had a full time job, was married
with three kids and observed 40% of my income going to the government.

I'm concerned about taxes and the size of govt too. I'm just not
willing to sell out my morals to a bigoted, nasty, divisive clown to
try to get it.Â* And I predict the result of Trump and the trumpets
will be a backlash that will produce exactly the opposite.Â* You may
have had a preview last night.

Agreed!!!

My mother used to say, "Would you cut off your nose to spite your face."
Apparently our resident traitor would.