Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Loctite help

Installing valve seals on 1991 Mazda B2600. Engind still in truck.
Valve guides are oddball size and the best I could find (Felpro) are seals that are 0.005" too large in diameter to go around the guides.
Picture an upside down cap approximately 0.5" in inside diameter and about 0.5" tall. Said cap should fit snugly on the valve guide, with the valve exiting through a seal in the top (0.274" valve).
Since the cap is 0.005" larger than the seal, I have 0.0025" to make up with glue all the way around. I could cut shim stock, place symmetrically, and shove the seal thereon.
Would any of the glues (Loctite or otherwise) take up a 0.0025" gap?

Any advise or other workarounds would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if there is a product available, any clever ways of de-greasing the guides? Not a lot of room to work, and the cleaning should not get mixed up with the motor oil.

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary