Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Hardwood floor problems

On 12/13/2017 1:13 PM, wrote:
Preach it, brother!

After seeing what happened to my buddies beautiful Brazilian Cherry floors under the feet of his 75 lb boxer, I tell anyone that has a dog (if they ask me!) to look at tile.

If I spy dogs or cats in the house when I'm doing why interview/sales pitch, I write a specific exclusion in my contract to keep me from any warranty on the new floor.

Not sure what cats have in their stomach, but when they cough up a big hair ball and it's on the wood floor all day before the client gets home, it will literally eat through the best factory finishes in a day.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth, after reading that.

Not to be contrary on all the comments. I totally don't suggest wood
floors for large dogs but in our other home we had an engineered maple
floor in our master bath. Our Great Dane walked on it from the time whe
was a puppy until we moved 4 years later. Great Danes don't look like
puppies after about 3 months. I never saw any scratches but I'm certain
that was because the room was so small that she could not get up any
speed, the color was very lite so it would be hard to see scratches, and
it had that hard clear factory coating.