Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hardwood floor problems

Preach it, brother!

After seeing what happened to my buddies beautiful Brazilian Cherry floors under the feet of his 75 lb boxer, I tell anyone that has a dog (if they ask me!) to look at tile.

If I spy dogs or cats in the house when I'm doing why interview/sales pitch, I write a specific exclusion in my contract to keep me from any warranty on the new floor.

Not sure what cats have in their stomach, but when they cough up a big hair ball and it's on the wood floor all day before the client gets home, it will literally eat through the best factory finishes in a day.

Robert