Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default mini backhoe

On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 4:02:58 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 09:15:07 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
Recently working on snow plows has reminded me of the knowledge gap
modern technology has created. Electrical schematics are as readable
as street signs to me but alien hieroglyphics to the plow owner.
http://pospert.org/wiring-diagram-fo...ern-snow-plow/

I went on a service call once, in a different lifetime...

For a GM plant, 70 mi drive one way. Problem, printer doesn't
work. Powers up okay but won't print anything. We were GE repair for
much of the western portion of the state.

As I was coming into the open office area and still 20 feet away I
could see the RS232 cable for the printer disconnected and on the
floor. That's all it was. Plugged the cable back in and they were
printing again. The department was labeled as engineering too

Some of us see problems readily. Others just see equipment that
doesn't
work...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

I wonder if it was simpler to call you than to get their union
electrician to come and plug in the cord. Someone may have quietly
kicked the plug out where you would see it.

GM paid to fly me first class from NH to Flint MI to turn the range
knob on a signal generator down one click. .

I was paid to drive a four-hour round trip to plug in a printer. The cleaning lady had unplugged it so she could plug in her vacuum. This was after trying to troubleshoot over the phone - they SWORE the printer's lights were on...