Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Age related

On 12/12/2017 17:49, charles wrote:
In article ,
Peter Parry wrote:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:39:05 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

I have just hit a certain age.

Will I start to:

Press the buttons really hard on my TV remote control if it doesn't do what
I expect it to do?

Yank the door handles of the car 3 times after locking it to check it is
locked?

Keep giving the taps an additional bit of a turn whenever I go near the
sink.

Save old batteries.

Not leave anything on Stand-by.

Any other signs.?

You save old half full cans of long solidified paint in case they
come in useful one day.

You keep a jam jar full of terminally rusted screws with mangled heads
and put a sticky label on saying "screws" so you can tell them apart
from the jam jar full of rusted bent nails labeled "nails".

Anything you can't identify and have no idea what it ever did you put
in a jar marked "Misc".

You save the 4 spools of strimmer cord which only fitted the strimmer
you threw out 20 years ago.

You start keeping string.

You've missed the container labelled "bits of stringb too short to be
useful"

You follow the postman to pick up elastic bands and store them in the
"Elastic Bands" jam jar.

and very handy they can be.

Unfortunately, by the time you find a use for them, they have gone
brittle and just snap.

I do, however have one keeping the battery cover in place on my
trusty Sony FM kitchen radio.