Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Flexible hose connector but in 28mm?

jkn wrote:

On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 4:45:01 PM UTC, Tim+ wrote:
jkn wrote:
Hi All
Anyone know if you can get flexible hoses like this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-...-x-300mm/2559g

but in 28mm style (compression fittings and corresponding hose
diameter)?

I have a job to replace our cold water tank in the loft and there is
an awkward connection; something like this but in 28mm would be a big
help. I haven't been able to find any in BES etc.

Thanks for any pointers

J^n

Surely better to alter the plumbing on the "house side" to make it an easy
connection?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Ideally yes, but that is also not easy... There are two pipes going into a
tee about a foot away from the tank, and the third leg of the tee goes via
a short length of 28mm (I think) with a single shallow bend, into the
tank.

It is all done at angles and having to raise the level of the new
(plastic) tank with a sheet of 18mm play will make it worse.

I might post a photo...

J^n

Perhaps you could put the tee in a different place or at a different
angle to give more room for the connecting pipe?

--

Roger Hayter