Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] goodsoldierschweik@google.com is offline

Default Dalton Lathes

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:59:52 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hello,

My name is Matt and I live in Illinois. I have recently come across an opportunity to obtain a “Dalton Six” B-4 Lathe. It is in working condition and seems like a pretty sturdy lil Lathe and perfect for my little garage. The guy wants $215.00 for it. Is that a fair price considering it is so hard to get replacement parts?

The real value of these "Garage Lathes" is quite often determined by
the attachments and accessories that come with it. 3 jaw chuck? 4
jawed chuck? Taper turning attachment? Tool holders? Boring bar
holder? Tail stock drill chuck? Tool bits (to fit)? A boring bar or
maybe two? The list goes on and on...
--
Cheers,

Schweik