Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's the tool called and does it exist for spinning the end ofsocket extensions?

On 12/12/17 10:03 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 12/12/17 2:54 PM, Chaya Eve wrote:
I don't have power tools so I just want to buy a thing that spins
bolts or
nuts off by hand that is attached to a 3/8" socket extension.

To give some context, often you're spinning off by hand a long bolt
using a
typical set of sockets (ratchet + socket + often an extension bar) where
you can't get your hand on the bolt so you spin the socket extension rod
without the ratchet.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Socket speed spinner or spinner handle is what I'm thinking of.
It looks like this:
http://tinyurl.com/y8umowg3Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Amazon listing

I forgot to mention that it seems to help to put 3/8 spinner handle
in the query if this is what you're after. All sorts of things turn up
otherwise.