Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.equipment
rickman rickman is offline

Default Running an empty microwave oven

Jeff Liebermann wrote on 12/12/2017 2:26 PM:

Three allegedly functional junk microwave ovens were purchased from
the local thrift shop for about $20/ea. When the owners of the store
found out what we were doing, she threw in three more ovens that had
various defects which made them unsellable, but were allegedly able to
heat water.

I don't have time right now for the whole story, so I'll just
summarize. Every oven acted or failed differently.

Jeff, you are a trip!

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998