psmith

Default Insulating cellar ceiling?

Maybe you have a wall space you can mount an independent Electric, or LPgas
(wall heater). Is your Kitchen Range gas or 220v elect. They sell them for
bathrooms in older homes that are hard to heat, ask your oil supplier, they
usually have gas cooking ranges and LPgas fire place equipment/space
heaters, etc.
Papy Smiff
"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

Bluesman wrote:

Greetings ~

I have a 100 year old colonial in the northeast with an oil burner and
fhw. In the winter my kitchen gets very cold. The heating design was
terrible, with only a small baseboard heater along an outside wall.
(all other rooms have big radiators.)

Would insulating the ceiling in the cellar help? The cellar does not
get ridiculously cold, but for $75 worth of insulation and a staple
gun, it would be apretty cheap fix.

Also, is there anything I can do to get more heat into the kitchen
short of putting in a new radiator?

Thanks,

Bluesman

You bet, and make sure that the area next to any outside
wall/foundation is well insulated at the floor/wall joint.
It may not fix the problem but it will certainly help.
You might look at increasing the window insulation by adding
inside plastic layers, double pane windows, or storm
windows.

There is no simple way to add heat. Easiest would be to add
another electric baseboard heater. Or, find a way of
blowing air into the kitchen from other rooms, thus
increasing air circulation.

---