Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Super-glued finger

Super-glue (cyanoacrylate) is not good in shear. But that is not to suggest that it does not hold. So as a friction-enhancer (piano tuning, for example), it would be excellent as any sharp pressure (next tuning) would shear it easily.

Super-glue is excellent for any connections not subject to shear forces, extreme vibration or where the material cannot penetrate somewhat into the substrate. I use it commonly to make O-ring belts for tuning mechanisms or similar - and I have several of those that have been in actual use (Not shelf-queens) for over 15 years. That is a pure tension application.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA