Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Super-glued finger

On 12/12/2017 3:20 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 08:26:33 +0000, N_Cook wrote:

First time for me, leak down the thread of the tube under the spout
plastic, one glued on index finger.
A loose loop of leather-work cotton thread around the affected area,
tied off.
Teased out cotton wool , wound around over the thread, doused with acetone.
A matchstick in the loop , to Spanish Windlass.
Squash wool, wind a turn, repeat over some minutes until free

I quit using Super Glue years ago. About the only thing it seems to glue
well, is a persons skin. I've used it on plastics, IT FAILED. I've used
it on wood, IT FAILED. I've used it on metals, IT FAILED. I've used it
on porcelin (like a broken cup), it somewhat held, but did not last
long. I'll stick to glues that WORK, such as epoxy. Partiucularly JB
Weld, that stuff is the best! Super Glue only has one purpose. to fill
space on the shelves in stores. Although I have heard about guys gluing
parts of their body to their girlfriends so the woman cant leave them. I
wont go into detail..... Any guy that desperate needs a lot more than
super glue. Some medical help makes more sense....

If you only glued two fingers together, you'll live.You just have wider
fingers and less of them.... And be sure to buy mittens, not gloves

I don't know why you don't have success with superglue, I have many
successful uses.
As far as a two part epoxy, I have been using a product for 35 or 40
years. It started with the name Araldite after a company sale it is now
sold as Fastweld 10.
I broke the crank handle on my radial arm saw and used the Fastweld 10
to fix it. It's been twenty years and still going strong, and it's a
butt joint repair. Hardens in 3 to 5 minutes, 24 full cure.

https://www.freemansupply.com/produc...epoxy-adhesive

https://krayden.com/fastweld-10-ab/

Mikek