Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Plastic Rawlplug Success

On 10/12/2017 14:29, wrote:
On Sunday, 10 December 2017 14:12:47 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 10/12/2017 14:01, Clive Arthur wrote:
Maybe everybody does this, but...

Heavy curtains, rail about 100mm from wall so lots of leverage.

Over the years, two brackets at one end have failed a couple of times
and have been fixed by using larger plugs.Â* This time, the holes are
just too big.Â* It's crumbly mortar and plaster which is the problem.
Unfortunate as the other five brackets are nice and solid in brick.

So, I hoover out the 10-15mm crumbly holes, squirt in some hot melt
glue, position a new rawlplug, then fill around it as best I can with
more hot melt glue.Â* Trim excess and refit brackets.

Solid as a rock.

Cheers

Car body filler works as well. Two part epoxy works but it's quite
expensive. You can use a fiver's worth on one hole!

If you do you're paying way too much for the stuff

Depends on the hole

Bill